Sunday, January 25, 2009

winter fun

i have lived in utah my entire life and yet the endless snow we see some days still amazes me. someone from california asked me what we do when it snows 6 inches in 12 hours. he thought we must just stay home with the driving conditions as bad as they are. i laughed! if only we could shut it all down and go skiing all day everytime we got a couple of inches:)

anyway, ariel (my sister) and I had a great day of snowboarding last week. to many of you that have seen me snowboard in my prior life... yes I can actually carve now! miracles do not cease to occur. but don't get any crazy ideas, i like the long, gentle, easy runs, none of that sun bowl at brighton for me. but thanks to jonathan getting me to go consistently last year, i'm actually enjoying the sport this season. it really is best to learn when you are a kid, but if not than get a helmet and go for it!

1 comment:

trevorandsarahtaylor said...

Oh that's the jacket she wore... Trevor's going to kick her butt! Trevor got that jacket for me and gave it to me for my birthday when he proposed. It had a whole in it, I hope it didn't get any bigger. I'm glad you guys got to go together! Sometime we'll have to make an all girls trip up there!

jonny and i hiking king's peak

jonny and i hiking king's peak
what an adventure! there are not very many times in my life i recall being that exhausted!